Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pau!

My taxes are PAU! That'd be Hawaiian for done, finished, kaput! I came home from work Monday and my W2 was in the mail. I had everything else I needed to get my taxes done, so I sat down and worked start to finish on Federal, and two partial state returns (lived half the year in NC and half in GA). Managed to finish around 10:30 last nite. I've used TaxAct software for several years and it speeds things up a bit since it has last year's info to save a bit of typing. The ugly part of tax software is the little $$ counter it has in the upper right. It tells you what you owe or what your return would be at that point. Well, when you start off, you enter your salaries...so that 'owe' amount is pretty high until you start entering your taxes paid and other deductions. I do get returns from all, but not huge amounts...which is exactly what I prefer. I'd rather have my money in my pocket thru the year than give the government a free loan by overpaying!

Nope, not spending any of it...gonna get my Roth IRA started rather than blow it.

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love TaxAct! It is so easy to use and cheap too. I gotta get cracking on my taxes. We usually end up getting a little back on federal and using that to pay state.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Dobe Country said...

I like to break as close to even as I can. No need in giving the government an interest free loan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home