Friday, April 04, 2008

8 months...but it's not a baby!

YES, finally! My house in North Carolina has sold! I've had a contract for the past couple of weeks but didn't want to post anything and possibly jinx myself! Eight months of paying rent in Georgia and mortgage in NC, plus two electric bills and the weekly cost having someone mow my lawn. Since my neighbor's house sold last July in 3 days, I thought it'd be a snap when I put mine on the market in August. But, as you can see frequently in the news, the housing market took a nosedive. Just my luck...but, luck wasn't all bad since I didn't lose my shirt on the sale. So....I have another 4 months on my lease, and I really am not in a rush to buy a house, so might rent for another year. Especially since I hate packing and moving, I don't wanna do that 'till l I know I'm ready to sit tight in one place for awhile.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! So I guess that means you don't have to come up here anymore? Because you know we were already plotting a luncheon. LOL

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Dobe Country said...

I did a mad-dash into town on Monday to sign paperwork and do some clean-up before closing. I wasn't so clean after all that, so don't think anyone would let me in to eat lunch! I think ya'll need to come to Augusta for lunch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home